Student Life Offices
I have only one piece of advice:
Run Away!!
seriously
Nothing good is coming from the student life offices. There has been an upheaval of staff, long time staff members have been fired, others bailed out and retired, and there is rumor that the man in charge of the whole thing is looking for another job outside of the university.
It takes, literally, weeks to get an event or even a form approved....I'm not joking. Many student leaders that are leaders in different student organizations are so frustrated that they fail to participate in university activities and plan events like they used to due to the red tape and lack of concern from the student life office. Several have made official complaints to the university that have resulted in an outside consultant company being hired by the university to "look into" the problem and make recommendations to correct the issues. I'm surprised that the situation ever got to the point of the university not being able to handle their own business.....
In any case, I recommend that you try and avoid working with or within the student life office. There is a complete lack of concern for the students and lack of engagement on the part of the staff (with very few exceptions).
***In an effort to keep the University off my back.....Please note that the information I present here may be outdated or inaccurate. My opinions and suggestions are just that, My opinions and My suggestions. I recommend verifying any and all information contained here on your own. There, now I should be okay.
Allan
No comments:
Post a Comment